Recently added item(s)
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Email to a Friend
Brewmaster Dave Sipes uses 55% malted wheat and 45% 2-row pale malts to create what many have described as one of the most authentic Bavarian-styled Hefe Weizens produced in North America. The unfiltered product is hopped with 65 % Hallertauer Hersbrucker hops in four separate additions during the 75 min. boil. The remaining 35 % are Tettnanger hops which are added near the end of the boil and in the whirlpool.
Notice a cloudy appearance without too much yeast sediment. This deep golden colored beer has a fantastic creamy white head with exceptional retention. A true characteristic Hefe Weizen nose: fruity (banana) as well as spicy and yeasty. This medium-bodied beer smells Bavarian! The flavor is a perfect balance of fruity and spicy characteristics. Some hop bitterness is evident in the finish. Well carbonated as appropriate. Just the right amount of yeastiness. Smooth and refreshing. Overall, one of the best, authentic hefeweizens in the U.S.
Sudwerk, established in April 1990, is one of the few brewpubs in the country producing authentic lager beers in true German tradition. Employing an 18- hectoliter Caspary-Schultz brewhouse manufactured in Bamberg, Germany, a yeast culture originating from Weihenstephan near Munich, hops from the finest hop growing regions of Bavaria and the highest quality malts, Sudwerk produces award winning, world-class Hubsch Lagers. The brewpub features both German and American styled food, the opportunity to get an up and close look at the brewhouse which is built into a circular bar in the center of the restaurant-bar, and a view of open fermentation vessels which are visible behind glass. 'Sudwerk' translates into 'Heart of the Brewery'.For more information about the brewery and scheduled tours, call (916) 756-2739.
Zonker Ice CreamDon't discount this one until you've tried it! The well-roasted malt barley used to make stout beers imparts a rich flavor that is a perfect marriage with many desserts. In addition to ice cream, stout beers have traditionally been used to accentuate spice cakes, honey breads, and it was born to complement chocolate mousse!8 eggs, separated1 cup superfine sugar1 cup Zonker Stout1 ½ cups light cream whipped w/ 1 ½ cups heavy creamWhisk yolks, sugar and Zonker together until thick and mixture forms ribbons when whisk is lifted. Fold in whipped creams. Whisk egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into mixture. Pour into container and freeze, or use ice-cream maker. Serves 8, and recipe may be doubled.
JOURNAL OF AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOC. - It has been established that 100,000 premature deaths occur each yr. as a direct result of alcohol abuse, but recent study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association estimates that 80,000 people would die annually if all Americans gave up drinking. This is because alcohol consumption increases the levels of an enzyme t-PA which breaks down blood clots, a major cause of heart attacks.ALL ABOUT BEER - The Yebisu Beer Memorial Hall in Tokyo, Japan, now offers an adventure which allows users to take a virtual reality tour you won't want to miss! Wearing a new kind of 'Beer Goggles', the user appears to actually flow with the beer as it passes through different stages of the brewing process.CHICAGO TRIBUNE - Another touchdown for Sweetness! Hall of fame running back Walter Payton hopes to renovate the 138-yr.-old Aurora Roundhouse in Aurora, IL and turn it into the Walter Payton Roundhouse Complex, a multi-use entertainment facility including a microbrewery. Among the planned products: Payton Pilsner.
Our friendly and knowledgeable customer service will help you with any questions. You may also place orders over the phone.
M-F, 7am - 5pm PST
Assuring satisfaction to over 1,000,000 customers since 1994 has earned us an A+ rating from BBB. A BBB Accredited business since 10/05/2005
Our 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that every item you purchase at The Microbrewed Beer of the Month Club meets your high standards or we will replace it or refund your purchase.
® All Rights Reserved. P.O. Box 1627, Lake Forest, CA 92609