Recently added item(s)
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Email to a Friend
When you're sampling this traditional English top-fermented ale, consider that it was deemed to be the second best of that style brewed in America at the GABF. White Cloud also took the Gold this year at the California Beer Festival. White Cloud is brewed with 60% two-row pale malts with the remaining 40% a combination of Caramel, Carapil, and Munich malts. This alt-bier style ale is bittered primarily with Cascade hops which are added both at the beginning and midway through the 90 minute boil. Hallertau hops are also added in the whirlpool for both their aromatic and bittering contributions. White Cloud is partially tank conditioned as it is roughly 65 % naturally carbonated.Immediately note a very hoppy, floral and fruity nose in this golden colored, slightly cloudy beer. White Cloud is medium-bodied ale with excellent head retention. Look for a very flavorful, hoppy taste with just enough maltiness to perfectly balance the hop flavor and bitterness. Note a smooth, clean finish. Overall, a flavorful ale that has a very unique flavor profile.
White Cloud Smoky SalmonSalmon lightly brined in beer, salt, and sugar before smoking is a delicacy well worth the extra time and effort. Be sure to keep the meow mix bowl full or dry the salmon in a secure place out of kitty's reach.2 lbs. salmon fillets with skin, rinsed2 cups water2 cups White Cloud Ale½ cup coarse or kosher salt½ teaspoon dried dill½ cup firmly packed brown sugar3 lightly cracked black peppercorns1 bay leafHeat water and beer to boiling, add salt, dill, sugar, peppercorns, and bay leaf, stirring until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Simmer 25 minutes. Allow brine to cool to room temperature. Pour over salmon and weigh fish down with a saucer. The fish should be completely immersed in brine. Refrigerate 4-6 hours. With cold water, lightly rinse brine from fish but do not remove all of it. To dry, thread a loop of dental floss through one end of the fillet and hang in a well-ventilated area or lay on a cooling rack elevated on 4 cans placed in front of a fan for 4 to 8 hours. The fish will acquire a glossy veneer (called pelz) that is dry to the touch. Heat smoker to low and add wood chips. Smoke the fish slowly, checking occasionally. For moist fish with a hint of smokiness, the time will be relatively short. If you like dry and smoky, allow a longer smoking time. Serves 4.Source: The Great American Beer Cookbook; Candy Schermerhorn; Brewers Publications, 1993.
BARLEY CORN - Denise Jones, a former U.S. postal worker, recently became the first woman to graduate from the American Brewer's Guild. "I never got to the 'Disgruntled Postal Worker' level, but I certainly hated my job," said Jones who now works as a brewer. The Guild offers diploma courses of varying lengths and focuses, including courses pertaining to the business side of brewing, science and engineering, and quality assurance. Call 800-636-1331 for more information.THE SOUTHWEST BREWING NEWS - Japan's Suiso beer, made by the Asaka Beer Corporation, has such a high hydrogen content that Karaoke singers have been reported as using the beer to help them reach soprano notes in their performances. Some singers also use a cigarette lighter to blow flames from their mouth after downing a snort of Suiso if they think that they aren't getting enough attention.
Our friendly and knowledgeable customer service will help you with any questions. You may also place orders over the phone.
M-F, 7am - 5pm PST
Assuring satisfaction to over 1,000,000 customers since 1994 has earned us an A+ rating from BBB. A BBB Accredited business since 10/05/2005
Our 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that every item you purchase at The Microbrewed Beer of the Month Club meets your high standards or we will replace it or refund your purchase.
® All Rights Reserved. P.O. Box 1627, Lake Forest, CA 92609