Beer caramelized onions are perfect to add to dishes like burgers, pastas, hotdogs, mac & cheese, or anything you can think of! Try them at your next barbecue and it is sure to be a hit!
- 4 yellow onions, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon lager beer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter and onions in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, ¼ cup of beer and salt; add onions and stir for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and cook onions for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining tablespoon of beer.
Recipe and photo from: www.itisakeeper.com